Protecting Your Data
This policy is effective from the 1st August 2019.
What is personal and sensitive data?
Personal data is data which can be used to identify you.
At Animal Magic Family Ltd we may collect the following information:
• Address for client and for one emergency contact
• Telephone number for bookings and emergency contact
• Telephone number for one separate emergency contact
• Email address for invoicing and Animal Magic Family Ltd bookings
• Details of the pet insurer and vets that you use.
Enquiries via telephone, email or online contact form:
• Email address
• Telephone number
Sensitive personal data is information related to any of the following: racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, health, sexuality or sex life, offences and/or convictions.
We do not hold any sensitive data at Animal Magic Family Ltd.
Where will you store my data?
• Paper copies of your data will be stored securely and accessed only by employees of Animal Magic
• Client email address will be stored in our ‘Wix’ website for Animal Magic Family Ltd use only.
• Client telephone numbers are stored in our secured iPhone for Animal Magic Family Ltd use only.
How will you use my data?
Your data will primarily be used for the purpose of bookings, emergency contact and providing you with updates and notices of relevant functions in regards to you and your pet.
In addition to this:
• From time to time we may contact you to let you know about special offers relevant to Animal Magic
• You will receive regular newsletters which will contain and update on events and important company
information. If you would like to opt out of the newsletter you may do so, but please be aware we may
need to contact you separately with the important company information if it is relevant to all clients.
• In some instances, Animal Magic Family Ltd may contact you to invite you to participate in surveys or
research projects about particular issues.
We will not provide your information to any third parties without your express permission.
Can I withhold my consent?
Animal Magic Family Ltd only asks for personal data that falls under the lawful basis of ‘Contract’. This means that we cannot offer you a service without those details.
You can withhold your consent to receiving the newsletter from us, but this may mean that we will need to contact you individually by phone or email to inform you of important business information, such as: closures / change of prices / updated terms and conditions.
What is a Data Controller?
A Data Controller is someone who is responsible for your data and who must make sure that your data is processed according to the law. For example, they are responsible for making sure that the information held about you is accurate and that it is kept secure.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act the General Manager of Animal Magic Family Ltd is the Data Controller.
Why might you share my personal information? Who will you share it with?
We will only ever share your information with your permission, for the purposes we have stated (unless required to do so by law).
How long will you keep my data for?
Your data will be archived within 6 weeks and destroyed after 6 months of termination of contract. We incinerate any data sensitive forms on the premises so your data will never leave the site.
Obtaining the information we hold about you
You have a right to ask for a copy of your information and to correct any inaccuracies. Under the Data Protection Act 2018, Animal Magic Family Ltd are required to respond to your request within 40 days. If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, please contact the General Manager of Animal Magic Family Ltd on 07504 817731 or email@example.com.
All members of staff at Animal Magic Family Ltd receive in-house training on data handling and data protection. If you feel your information has been mishandled, breached or you are concerned with the way Animal Magic Family Ltd processes data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).